An entertaining and adventurous day trip from Budapest to the natural treasures of the Danube Bend and Visegrad.
APRIL 28 - SEPTEMBER 2
EVERY DAY, except Monday
from 4 persons
START: 7:30 am
Duration: full day (07:30 am - 08:00 pm)
Distance: 37 km on bike, 12 km in canoe
Price: HUF 28 300 (ca. EUR 90) / person
Included in the price:
- tour guide for the bicycle- & canoe-tour,
- train tickets
- boat tickets
- KTM Cross Bike 24-speed bicycle
- canoe, life jacket, helmet (not obligatory)
A DAY-LONG SPECIAL PROGRAM OF BEAUTY & NATURE
- TRAIN (25 min) + BICYCLING (37 km) + CANOEING (12 km) + BOAT RIDE (3h)
- bike tour on the - maybe - most beautiful cycling trail in Hungary, at the Danube Bend
- panorama of Visegrád Castle - seat of the ancient kings of Hungary
- sandy beach at Nagymaros: take a bath in the second largest river in Europe
- refreshing mountain springs
- explore the Danube-Ipoly National Park in a canoe
- pure nature and water adventure
- return to Budapest by boat and enjoy the sights of the danube banks, forests and the UNESCO protected Budapest World Heritage Sites
- Our eco-adventure tour with our KTM Cross bikes starts from the famous Andrássy Avenue in Budapest's city centre. After few minutes, we arrive at Nyugati Railway Station, from where we arrive in the city of Vác after a short train ride (25 minutes).
- Leaving the historic downtown of Vác we find ourselves soon on the banks of the Danube. From there, following the beautiful river, we arrive at Nagymaros with picturesque views (20 km). Courageous bikers can try out the feeling of diving in the second largest river in Europe at a sandy beach, while on the other side the Visegrád Castle is watching us from the top of the mountain.
- After a break we will continue into the Danube Bend on one of the most beautiful bicycle routes in Hungary.
- In Zebegény (9 km) we can refresh at a mountain spring we get a new power and cross over to Szob (4 km) at the Slovak border.
- Enjoy the panorama from Szob and have a lunch before we continue into the National Park.
- We explore the beauty of the Danube-Ipoly National Park by canoe move down the shallow (0.2-1.2m), gentle Ipoly River downhill (12 km).
- The tour is suitable for less experienced people as well, as the water is very shallow and usually allows you to stand on the ground.
- We return to Zebegény on our bikes (5km) and board the ship to Budapest. Let´s enjoy a fine boat ride down the river.
- Watch the Danube banks, sandy beaches and forrest to pass until we reach effortless Budapest.
- From the boat you will enjoy the most beautiful view on the UNESCO protected world heritage sites of Budapest, with the Danube banks, Margaret Island, Parliament, Buda Castle and Gellert Hill.
- AT 20:00 the boat arrives in the inner city and we return in a 5 minutes ride on the bikes to Bike & Relax offices in Andrassy ut.
Clothing and miscellaneous:
- You shall wear light, casual cloths and especially sport shoes. For the beach and canoe you shall have a bathing dress and preferably a towel. Sun hat, glasses, a sun lotion maybe advisable. We recommend a rucksack or bag which you can carry on your back while riding a bike. We will provide you with a life vest and helmet (not obligatory). We recommend to take some (antialcoholic) drink with you.
- Participants do not need any special training for this tour, but should be able to ride a bike safely for at least two hours and to sit in a canoe for 2.5 hours paddling.
Budapest, Andrássy út 7.
Subject to changes.